Employee Spotlight: Tory Waldstein
1. What is your position at Clarify and what do you do?
I am a senior Associate on our Customer Impact team. Part of my role is working directly with our customers to make sure that our solutions are meeting their business needs. I also work on the Total Cost Insights solution team, which is focused on the broader development of our solution.
2. What excites you most about Clarify?
It is hard to pick just one thing, but I think that overall the growth of the company has been the most exciting. Not only are we quickly developing new products and a whole suite of solutions, but our NYC office has almost tripled in size since I joined last January.
3. How did you hear about Clarify/How did you get here?
I actually found Clarify. I was looking for a new opportunity and the work Clarify was doing sounded both really interesting and challenging. When I met the people during the interview, it was an easy decision to join.
4. What aspect of your role do you enjoy most?
One of the parts of my role that I really enjoy the most is hearing the customer’s feedback when we show them a new analysis or discuss a hypothesis. It is always interesting to hear how they interpret the information and whether it confirms or goes against what they had previously thought.
5. What project have you worked on here that you’re most proud of?
One of the projects that I am most proud of is actually one of the first projects that I worked on at Clarify. We were working on an analysis for a big health system and as part of our that analysis, we ended up finding a flaw in the CMS program where providers were getting penalized for a planned readmission. A few months later, when CMS announced changes to the program, they included a new episode type to account for this flaw. It was cool to see that what we found was validated by new program rules.
6. If you weren’t working at Clarify or in healthcare/technology in general, what would you be doing?
I think a teacher or something in education.
7. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
My real name is not Victoria.
8. What’s your favorite app?
Spotify or the podcast app
9. Where is the coolest place you’ve traveled?
10. Salty or sweet?
11. Favorite book, movie, and musician/band?
Book: Hard to pick just one, but the most recent favorite book I’ve read is Educated by Tara Westover
Movie: Crazy Stupid Love, gets me every time
Favorite band: Dan + Shay